Yoga of 12 Step Recovery Leadership Training
with Nikki Myers
Friday November 2nd - Sunday November 4th, 2018
Friday 5:00pm-9:00pm | Saturday 11:00am-8:30pm | Sunday 11:00am-4:30pm
$350 Preregistration / $375 After October 2, 2018
In the Y12SR Leadership we:
• Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
• Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
• Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
• Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
• Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
• Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.This training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
*To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive, which is now available online. We suggest taking the Online Intensive prior to Leadership Training. For more information please or call 317-691-3270 or visit www.y12sr.com
An accomplished speaker, teacher and practitioner, Nikki Myers is an MBA, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Addictions Recovery Specialist, and Certified Health Coach. Born from her personal struggle with addiction, Nikki is the founder of Y12SR, The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery. Based in its theme ‘the issues live in the tissues’, Y12SR is a relapse prevention program that weaves the art & science of yoga with the practical tools of 12-step programs. Y12SR meetings are now available throughout the world and the curriculum is rapidly becoming a feature of addiction recovery treatment centers. Nikki’s work has been featured in the New York Times, Black Enterprise, The Huffington Post, Origin Magazine, and CBSnews.com. She is honored to be a co-founder of the annual Yoga, Meditation and Recovery Conferences at Esalen Institute and Kripalu Center. Nikki was named as a Yoga Journal Game Changer in 2015 and honored as a recipient of the esteemed NUVO Cultural Visionary Award in 2014. www.y12sr.com